Directions to Smofcon 15
400 Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02134
Fly to Logan
International Airport; most major airlines fly here. A taxicab from the
airport should run $20-$25. Or you can call U.S. Shuttle (617-894-3100)
to be picked up and taken to the hotel. The fare from the airport per person
is $8, plus $3.50 per group for airport fees, etc.; i.e., two people traveling
together would be $19.50. Or see "By MBTA" below.
Take Amtrak or Greyhound to South Station. A taxicab from there to the hotel should run $15-$20. Or you can call U.S. Shuttle (617-894-3100) to be picked up and taken to the hotel (no airport fees from South Station). Or see "By MBTA" below.
Take the MBTA Red Line to Central Square and the Route 64 bus towards Oak Square.
- From the Airport it's the free shuttle (busses 22 or 33) to the T station; Blue Line to Government Center; Green Line to Park Street (one stop); Red Line to Central Square.
- When taking the Blue Line in from the airport, you'll cross over the tracks after going through the turnstile; turn right at the end of this passage. This will put you toward the back of the train, saving steps when you change for the Green Line.
- From South Station take the Red Line (toward Alewife) to Central Square.
- The hotel is not shown on the route map, but is located immediately at
the west end of the "loop", on the west bank of the Charles River. The
Central Square terminus is on the Red Line subway which connects "inbound" to all other subways and "outbound" to Harvard Square, Davis Square and Alewife.
- Bus drivers do not give change and do not accept paper money, so you'll need $.60 or more in coins for each bus trip.
The MBTA also offers several short term passes:
A one-day Passport costs $5.00.
A three-day Passport costs $9.00.
A seven-day Passport costs $18.00.
Each Passport allows unlimited use of all subway lines, including surface Green Line branches, plus MBTA buses up to $1.70 fare (additional fare, if any, payable in cash), and commuter rail zones 1A and 1B - the same as a Combo Plus monthly pass. With the Passport you can also get discounts at some tourist attractions and restaurants. It is a good way to test-ride the T.
We will pre-order these for anyone who wants one. If you do and want to use it immediately to take the T from South Station (Train or Bus to Boston) or the Airport, please let us know as soon as possible before Smofcon so we can mail it to you.
- From Logan Airport: Exiting the airport, take the Sumner Tunnel (not the new Ted Williams Tunnel) to I-93 South to I-90 West (Mass Pike.) for 4 1/2 miles.
- I-90 West (I-93 North/South to Mass Pike): Follow to exit 20 Allston/Cambridge. After toll plaza, bear right following signs for Cambridge. Keep right, go straight through first traffic light and turn right at second traffic light. The hotel entrance is approximately 100 yards on right at the bottom of the ramp.
- I-90 East (I-95 North/South to Mass Pike): follow to exit 18 Allston/Cambridge (a left lane exit). After toll plaza, bear right following signs for Cambridge. Keep right, go straight through first traffic light and turn right at second traffic light. The hotel entrance is approximately 100 yards on right.
- Storrow Drive West: From Downtown Boston, keep to right side of Storrow Drive West following signs for Newton & Arlington. Take Mass Pike/Central Square Exit. Keep left on the exit ramp and make a wide U-turn at the traffic light. The hotel entrance will be on your right.
© MCFI, 2001-2009. All rights to content reserved to Massachusetts Convention Fandom, Incorporated, unless otherwise indicated.
Address inquiries to MCFI, P.O. Box 1010, Framingham, MA 01701;
617-776-3243 (fax); email@example.com.
For further details, read the fine print.
This page maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org.